- Supervalu sells 877 stores, reuniting Albertsons under one operator
- Supervalu completes deal with AB Acquisition
- Albertsons appoints division presidents; Justin Dye to head pharmacy
- Dan Salemi to be named president of pharmacy at new Albertsons
- Supervalu announces slowdown of price position overhaul as buyout speculation populates newswires
ITASCA, Ill. — Jewel-Osco, which is owned by New Albertsons, has named Jim Rice as VP of operations for Jewel-Osco.
Rice will lead the operations team to support Jewel-Osco’s new go-to-market strategies in marketing and merchandising.
“Over the last several years, Jim’s contributions to the retail industry have helped set the bar on operating standards, illustrating the highest expectations of quality merchandising and continually striving for what is best for our business and, most importantly, our customers,” stated William Emmons, Jewel-Osco president. “His years of experience combined with his vast knowledge of operational opportunities will be an invaluable asset to Jewel-Osco in mentoring and educating his team to reach levels of excellence that we are striving for.”
Rice has worked for Albertsons for more than 35 years. He began his career as a part-time associate with the goal to become a store director, which he achieved in Southern California in 1986. From there, he was promoted to district manager in both Florida and Las Vegas, roles which prepared him to be VP of the Northern California division and later the president of the Southwest division.