- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- Supervalu commits to fixing retail banners, reports positive IDs for Save-A-Lot
- New Albertson's buys five more Dominick's stores; names president of Jewel-Osco
- Shoppers Drug Mart report: Allowing pharmacists in Canada to immunize could save lives, money
- Jewel-Osco to celebrate reopening of Chicago Ohio & State location
ITASCA, Ill. — Jewel-Osco is shipping "thousands" of extra doses of flu vaccine amid a flu season that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has labeled an epidemic, the retail chain said.
The company plans to ship 7,000 doses to its pharmacies starting Tuesday and continuing into Wednesday, with about 170 pharmacies set to receive some of the doses.
The company said delivery dates were based on store locations and advised customers to contact their local stores for more information because it had experienced an increase in demand for the vaccine compared with last season.
FOR MORE COVERAGE OF THE FLU EPIDEMIC CLICK HERE
Find us on Facebook for more information on drug store news, insights and products.