- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- President Obama addresses health reform during State of the Union, industry responds
- CVS' Merlo: Health reform to benefit business in 2014
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
WASHINGTON — The Council for Responsible Nutrition on Monday elected Jim Hamilton, president of DSM Nutritional Products USA, to chair of the association’s board of directors.
Hamilton, who will hold the chairman post through 2012, succeeds Mark LeDoux, CEO of Natural Alternatives International. LeDoux will continue to serve on the board as immediate past chair.
“With a new Congress and increased scrutiny from the regulatory agencies, it is imperative that we continue to work with our champions on Capitol Hill and educate new staffers not familiar with the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act, and that we urge for stronger enforcement of the laws in place and step up our own self-regulatory efforts,” Hamilton stated. “I look forward to working with my colleagues on CRN’s board to continue to fulfill CRN’s mission.”
CRN’s new board of directors is comprised of 31 member company representatives and CRN president and CEO Steve Mister. Also elected to serve alongside Hamilton are chair-elect John Blair from NSA; treasurer Ron Fugate from Alacer Corp.; and secretary Kristen Blanchard from Nutramax Labs.