- Accu-Chek partners with Mylestone Health to enhance iPhone app, Web site
- Walgreens launches high-impact push in support of World AIDS Day campaign
- Medication adherence could be blockbuster for specialty
- The Little Clinic adds new insurance provider to accepted plans
- Medco: Poor adherence may cause lack of response to medication
SAN DIEGO — A subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson has launched a mobile medication adherence application that it said can be used for any prescription or over-the-counter medication or supplement.
Janssen Healthcare Innovation, a unit of Janssen Research & Development announced Wednesday the launch of Care4Today Mobile Adherence, a secure messaging platform available for iPhone, Android and BlackBerry devices, among others.
"Janssen Healthcare Innovation is developing products and services to transform the patient experience and promote better health outcomes," Janssen Healthcare Innovation head Diego Miralles said. "We have identified improving medication adherence as one of our key initiatives."
Features of the app include password protection; secure, two-way messaging; disassociation of a user's identity with his or her medication adherence data, including no access for Janssen to user identities; and customizable message reminders.