- CVS Caremark names Helena Foulkes EVP, chief healthcare strategy and marketing officer
- MinuteClinic forms clinical collaboration with St. Rose Dominican Hospitals
- CVS' Bloom, Baker to lead chain's retail business on interim basis
- Merlo puts stamp on his leadership in fourth-quarter earnings call
- Court blocks Mullany from joining CVS Caremark
WOONSOCKET, R.I. CVS Caremark has appointed Jonathan Roberts as COO of its pharmacy benefit management business. He currently is EVP Rx purchasing, pricing and network relations, and also now will assume the leadership of PBM operations, mail-service pharmacy and specialty pharmacy.
"Jon is the ideal candidate to fill this newly created role within the PBM," stated Per Lofberg, president of pharmacy benefit management at CVS Caremark. "His broad base of pharmacy experience will further our mission to continually improve how we do business and look for ways to do it better, more efficiently and at a lower cost."
Roberts joined CVS/pharmacy nearly 20 years ago and has served in a variety of leadership roles across the enterprise, including SVP store operations at CVS/pharmacy and CIO of CVS Caremark.
"Jon has spearheaded numerous initiatives over the years that have enhanced our delivery of pharmacy care," added Tom Ryan, chairman and CEO of CVS Caremark. "I am confident that in this newly expanded role Jon will support our PBM growth strategy and overall longer-term success."