- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- Shoppers Drug Mart report: Allowing pharmacists in Canada to immunize could save lives, money
- Walgreens furthers reach into North Carolina with acquisition of Kerr Drug
- Have you had your flu shot this year?
- National Consumers League survey finds 1-in-5 adults never received a flu shot
RALEIGH, N.C. In an effort to reach North Carolina residents, Kerr Drug is providing all-in-one flu shots at two locations at the North Carolina State Fairgrounds.
The drug store chain said it will administer flu vaccines to patients ages 18 years and older at its booth from Oct. 14 through Oct. 24, from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily. On Oct. 14 (opening day) only, hours will be from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Most major insurance plans and credit cards are accepted. For all others, flu shots cost $30 each, Kerr Drug said.
“Kerr Drug is proud to be the official pharmacy of the N.C. State Fair because our roots are in North Carolina,” said Kerr Drug CEO Tony Civello. “We encourage everyone to follow the [Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s] new recommendations for flu vaccines, because a flu shot is still the best protection against the flu.”