- Family Dollar elevates Jason Reiser to chief merchandising officer; president and COO Michael Bloom departs
- Food Lion Charitable Foundation, Western Union Foundation partner to help fight child hunger
- Report: Walgreens strengthens marketshare in key Charlotte metropolitan market with Kerr acquisition
- Gina Libby strives to improve pain medication legislation
- Consumers expected to spend $400 more this year than last for holidays
RALEIGH, N.C. — Kerr Drug is launching a drive to collect food to donate to needy families for Thanksgiving, the retail pharmacy chain said.
Through Nov. 15, the Kerr Cares for Kids Foundation is placing collection bins at the front of every Kerr Drug store where customers can place nonperishable food items, which the company will distribute to charitable organizations.
The drive follows a school supply drive in August that helped 90 organizations across North Carolina, such as Boys and Girls clubs, mission houses, women's shelters and others.