- 'Communicator' award (once again) emphasizes pharmacy's role in health care
- Pharmacist as 'physician extender' proves successful
- Rite Aid takes a bite out of obesity; relaunches weight-loss program for New Year
- Diabetes population to double, costs to nearly triple by 2034
- MTM services send Kerr Drug to head of the class
GOUVERNEUR, N.Y. — Kinney Drugs, which operates 91 stores in central and northern New York and Vermont, has announced the recent promotion of 30-year company veteran Owen Halloran to SVP pharmacy procurement.
As SVP pharmacy procurement, Halloran is responsible for overseeing all pharmaceutical purchasing for Kinney Drugs retail, mail-order and institutional pharmacy. Halloran has led the pharmacy purchasing department since 1996 and third-party contracting since 1999. He began his career with Kinney Drugs in 1978 as a staff pharmacist, and later served in several management positions, including his recent position of VP professional services. Halloran serves as a board member on the Kinney Drugs Foundation and the Canton-Potsdam Hospital.
"The knowledge and experience of Owen Halloran complement the Kinney Drugs mission of providing the highest-quality pharmacy, health and retail services to the communities we serve," stated Bridget-ann Hart, president and COO of Kinney Drugs. "We will continue to benefit from his leadership and look forward to his contributions as we continue building our employee-owned company."