- Jim Spencer promoted to president of Kinney Drugs stores
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Facing pharmacy trends for the remainder of the year
- Walgreens Infusion Services can save $10.8 million in healthcare costs annually
- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
GOUVERNEUR, N.Y. — Kinney Drugs, which operates 91 stores in central and northern New York and Vermont, has announced the recent promotion of 30-year company veteran Owen Halloran to SVP pharmacy procurement.
As SVP pharmacy procurement, Halloran is responsible for overseeing all pharmaceutical purchasing for Kinney Drugs retail, mail-order and institutional pharmacy. Halloran has led the pharmacy purchasing department since 1996 and third-party contracting since 1999. He began his career with Kinney Drugs in 1978 as a staff pharmacist, and later served in several management positions, including his recent position of VP professional services. Halloran serves as a board member on the Kinney Drugs Foundation and the Canton-Potsdam Hospital.
"The knowledge and experience of Owen Halloran complement the Kinney Drugs mission of providing the highest-quality pharmacy, health and retail services to the communities we serve," stated Bridget-ann Hart, president and COO of Kinney Drugs. "We will continue to benefit from his leadership and look forward to his contributions as we continue building our employee-owned company."