- CDC's flu recommendations emphasizes convenience of retail pharmacy
- Rite Aid takes a bite out of obesity; relaunches weight-loss program for New Year
- Citi's flu care card pushes employers toward lower-cost retail channels
- Flu cards just tip of functioning health-reform iceberg
- Walgreens' inoculation efforts don't go unnoticed
HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill. — Kmart on Monday implemented a discounted offer on flu shots to those who have not yet been vaccinated.
Kmart said it is offering customers $15 flu shots, while supplies last, and also will offer 15,000 points (a $15 value) to members of its Shop Your Way Rewards loyalty program, when a vaccination is purchased.
The flu shots are available at more than 500 Kmart Pharmacy locations and are administered by trained practitioners.
"As Kmart Pharmacy gears up to provide customers with additional influenza immunizations, we want to remind people that the virus is easily transferable, and the best and easiest way to prevent the flu is by getting an annual vaccination," said Robb Ayshford, divisional VP pharmacy administration for Kmart. "For those seeking more information about influenza, our staff of knowledgeable on-site Kmart pharmacists is also available to answer flu or other health-related questions on how to help combat illness as the season progresses."
To learn more about hours of operation or to find the nearest location, call 1-800-822-8345 or visit Kmart.com/pharmacy.