- Study: Participation in diabetes education associated with greater ability to self-manage
- Sears Holdings takes steps to improve Q3 performance
- Share of sales from Shop Your Way members grows as Q4 2013 comps have fallen, Kmart parent company says
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Google testing contact lens that works as glucose meter
HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill. — Kmart Pharmacy is hosting its semi-annual diabetes education day on Wednesday at Kmart locations nationwide.
As part of its diabetes education day, Kmart is offering blood-glucose meter demonstrations; blood pressure, body mass index and memory screenings; and educational information on raising diabetes awareness to its pharmacy patients. According to the American Diabetes Association, more than 23 million people in the United States have diabetes, which accounts for about 8% of the population.
Click here for more information about Kmart Pharmacy's health events.