- Kroger appoints diversity leader
- Conversocial tallies consumer complaint social media scorecard for U.S. retailers
- Walgreens takes top honors for MTM services
- Kroger looking to expand its footprint into new markets, both physical and digital
- Kroger: Customer First strategy contributes to 34 consecutive quarters of positive IDs
BOCA RATON, Fla. — An in-store magazine merchandising and marketing company has signed a new front-end checkout reset agreement with Kroger.
Distribution Services said it will continue providing installation services for Kroger's front-end checkout fixture initiatives through December 2012. DSI has provided full front-end merchandiser reset services to Kroger for the past six years.
"We are appreciative that Kroger has selected our dedicated and experienced field staff to handle all aspects of these displays, as well as their merchandising, as retailers view the front-end as the most valuable real estate in the store," DSI president and CEO John Swider said.