- Conversocial tallies consumer complaint social media scorecard for U.S. retailers
- Walgreens takes top honors for MTM services
- Kroger looking to expand its footprint into new markets, both physical and digital
- Kroger names in-house veteran group VP non-perishables
- Kroger gearing up to keep Express Scripts patients; reports 35th consecutive quarter of positive ID sales
CINCINNATI — Kroger announced that its annual Honoring Our Heroes fundraising campaign to support the United Service Organizations garnered $1.5 million.
The funds were raised in partnership with customers and associates through a variety of in-store activities at Kroger stores nationwide, as well as online at HonoringOurHeroes.com. Procter & Gamble and Anheuser Busch also participated in the program and contributed $250,000 each in conjunction with special sales programs in Kroger stores.
All of the funds raised will support the broad range of programs and services the USO provides to service members, their families and our veterans, Kroger said.
"We are forever grateful to our military men and women and their families for their service and sacrifice," Kroger group VP corporate affairs Lynn Marmer said. "The spirit of giving displayed by Kroger's customers and associates in this year's Honoring Our Heroes campaign exceeded our expectations. Their generosity will support the USO's work to lift the spirits of America's troops and their families."