- Dr. Smith's Diaper Rash Ointment
- Kroger will name Michael Ellis president, COO in January
- Reports: Polar vortex drives blizzard of sales for some retailers
- Reports: Kroger to expand Little Clinic footprint as part of healthcare play
- Walmart, Kroger identified as leading retailers in providing opportunity to diversity business owners
CINCINNATI — Kroger recalled select packages of pet food sold in some of its retail stores because the products may contain aflatoxin, a naturally occurring toxic chemical byproduct from the growth of a certain fungus.
The recall affects Kroger stores in 17 states, as well as Dillons and Gerbes stores in Kansas and Missouri; Baker's stores in Nebraska; Food 4 Less stores in Nebraska, Illinois and Indiana (Chicago area); and Jay C, Hilander, Owen's, Pay Less and Scott's stores in Illinois and Indiana.
The pet food has a sell-by date of Oct. 23 or Oct. 24, 2013. Additional details can be found at Kroger.com/recalls.