- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
- Vitals predicts consumer healthcare trends for 2014
- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- Rite Aid Health Alliance aims at strengthening patient engagement
- Walgreens' corporate operations VP tapped to lead health care for Boots in U.K. and Ireland
ALEXANDRIA, Va. Lansinoh Labs on Thursday went live with its new online portal, called "Lansinoh Professional" (LansinohProfessional.com), that will provide International board-certified lactation consultants, registered nurses, midwives, doulas, OB/GYNs and other healthcare providers with the resources they need to better educate and support breast-feeding moms.
“A well-informed professional network is a necessity to driving duration rates higher in a country that has fallen short of its breast-feeding goals year after year,” stated Gina Ciagne, senior director of breast-feeding relations for Lansinoh. “The network of lactation professionals and healthcare providers is often the first place new moms turn for breast-feeding help. We want these professionals to have easy access to the wealth of information Lansinoh has gathered over [more than] 25 years providing support for breast-feeding moms,” she said. “Lansinoh Professional is the bridge that delivers our breast-feeding expertise and information to these professionals and their patients. Lansinoh will continue its commitment to providing information and tools through healthcare providers to as many moms as possible. We want them to have the support needed to make the decision to start, and to continue, breast-feeding."
The new portal, also accessible via Lansinoh’s homepage, offers a number of resources to better equip lactation professionals and other healthcare professionals with the tools to respond to their patients’ questions and needs, including:
- Breast-feeding 101 for the pregnant and new mom, featuring such information as checklists to prepare for breast-feeding before giving birth, breast-feeding myths vs. facts, what to expect, benefits of breast-feeding and tips for getting dads involved;
- Upcoming national and local events for lactation professionals and healthcare providers where Lansinoh will have a presence through support, donations and exhibits;
- Tips from Lansinoh breast-feeding educators about pumping and storage;
- Details, including research-based evidence, on the efficacy and safety of Lansinoh products;
- How-to videos illustrating breast-feeding techniques and product use;
- Comprehensive resources list for professionals and moms; and
- Featured breast-feeding news and advice from the Lansinoh-sponsored blog, ByMomsForMoms, Facebook page and Twitter page.
Beginning later this year, professionals will be able to order samples of Lansinoh products directly through Lansinoh Professional.