- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
- Walgreens Infusion Services can save $10.8 million in healthcare costs annually
- Former CMS, FDA chief McClellan delivers keynote at Cardinal Health RBC
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Helping independents compete in specialty pharmacy, Cardinal Health launches new suite of services at RBC 2013
ALEXANDRIA, Va. — In anticipation of its 2012 Legislative Conference next month, the National Community Pharmacists Association unveiled its lineup of congressional speakers who will discuss pressing healthcare and pharmacy issues with pharmacists.
The current program for NCPA's 2012 Legislative Conference, which will be held May 7 to 9 in Washington, D.C., includes Sens. Jerry Moran, R-Kan., and Sherrod Brown, D-Ohio, as well as Reps. Dave Camp, R-Mich.-4th; Frank Pallone, D-N.J.; Aaron Schock, R-Ill.; and Mike Ross, D-Ark.
"We commend these members of Congress for supporting patients' access to independent community pharmacies and for their plans to speak during our Legislative Conference," NCPA CEO Douglas Hoey said. "Our members look forward to visiting them and talking face-to-face about how Medicaid cuts, MAC pricing, abusive audits, mandatory mail order, and other issues are hurting small business pharmacies and pharmacists' ability to serve their patients."