- Shoppers Drug Mart report: Allowing pharmacists in Canada to immunize could save lives, money
- Peter McMahon appointed as Shopko CEO
- Former Sears Canada, Loblaws exec to take helm at Sephora Americas
- Canada's Jean Coutu Group unveils e-store window for holiday season
- Sears Holdings takes steps to improve Q3 performance
NEW YORK — A portable, personal water filter now is available to consumers in the United States and Canada for the first time.
LifeStraw, designed to remove bacteria and parasites from water, is powered by user-generated suction and ideal for outdoor activities, overseas travel, and emergency preparedness, parent company Vestergaard Frandsen said. The straw's filter is chemical-free and made of durable plastic and when properly used, will filter at least 1,000 liters (or 264 gallons) of water. In 2010, Vestergaard Frandsen distributed thousands of LifeStraw personal water filters to victims of the Haiti earthquake and Pakistan floods.