- ComScore reports 12% increase in holiday retail e-commerce spending
- ShopperTrak eyes improvement in retail foot traffic over coming months
- SymphonyIRI: Budget grinch will restrict most holiday spending
- Survey: Retailers plan to spend more on e-commerce this year
- Changing Channels — A bag that powers electronics, candle holder makers and 'green' lunch boxes
Candles become a key general merchandise category later in the year — 35% of candle sales in the United States occur during the fourth quarter. Fall decorating, Thanksgiving and holiday gift-giving drive sales, according to a representative from the National Candle Association.
Holiday candle sales have been strong even in a tight economy, since they are a relatively inexpensive indulgence. Traditional cinnamon, berry and evergreen are key scents for the holidays; vanilla is most popular year-round.
The article above is part of the DSN Category Review Series. For the complete Holiday Seasonal Sell-Through Report, including extensive charts, data and more analysis, click here.