- Gina Libby strives to improve pain medication legislation
- Sneakz shake gets national launch
- Actavis seeks approval for generic testosterone-replacement drug
- Indiana establishes rules for the substitution of interchangeable biologic medicines
- Giant Eagle to bring Market District, GetGo concepts to Indianapolis
CINCINNATI — An Eli Lilly executive was elected to Chiquita's board of directors at the company's annual shareholders meeting.
Chiquita said that Jeffrey Simmons, who serves as Lilly SVP and president of the drug maker's animal health division, Elanco Animal Health, brings more than 20 years of management experience to his new role on the audit committee and the food innovation, safety and technology committee.
"It's a pleasure to join the board of directors of a global company with such iconic consumer brands," Simmons said. "I believe my experience with branding and food safety at Elanco will have an important role in helping Chiquita achieve its mission and further create shareholder value. Just as I hope to contribute to Chiquita, I look forward to gaining from their deep understanding of the consumer retail food markets."