- Gallup: Take Care Clinics top in customer service
- Rite Aid takes a bite out of obesity; relaunches weight-loss program for New Year
- The Little Clinic adds new insurance provider to accepted plans
- Walgreens offer catapults chain to diabetes care stardom
- Bartell to cease filling Medicaid prescriptions at 15 locations
ATLANTA An event taking place this week aims to educate African-Americans about diabetes management.
The American Diabetes Association and drug maker Eli Lilly will put on the 12th annual Victory Over Diabetes event in Atlanta Saturday. The event will feature R&B singer Angie Stone, spokeswoman for Lilly’s Fearless African-Americans Connected and Empowered program, free screenings and culturally relevant resources for African-Americans with diabetes. Diabetes is estimated to affect 10% of adults in Georgia, according to the Georgia Department of Community Health.
“I know from experience that living with Type 2 diabetes is a lifelong journey,” Stone said . “Today, I am successfully managing my diabetes through a series of positive lifestyle changes.”