- Bitcoin gains popularity among retailers
- Former Secretary of Defense, CIA director Leon Panetta to keynote 2014 NACDS Annual Meeting
- 15th annual NACDS Foundation Dinner raises more than $1.8M
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- L’Oréal Paris brings beauty to NYC subway system with breakthrough vending experience
ALEXANDRIA, Va. — The National Association of Chain Drug Stores has hired a new communications director.
Lisa Boylan, former senior editor and director of print and online publishing for the Epilepsy Foundation, joins NACDS' marketing, communications and media relations team and will play a key role in external- and member-communications initiatives including NACDS websites, newsletters, media relations, social media and marketing communications related to NACDS events. Boylan will report to Chrissy Kopple, NACDS VP media relations.
"Lisa brings to NACDS 14 years of communications experience, nearly half of which she earned in the field of patient advocacy," NACDS president and CEO Steve Anderson said. "It is said that content is king in today’s fast-moving, multi-media communications environment. Lisa will play a key role in creating compelling content for NACDS communications vehicles on the topics of public policy, the value of pharmacy, and NACDS' meetings and member programs. We are excited for her contributions to NACDS’ success in advancing a pro-patient and pro-pharmacy public policy agenda, and in reporting to the NACDS membership on pivotal issues."