- Axe aims for world peace with Axe Peace, campaign
- Intel survey: Patients ready to embrace personalized medicine
- Insurance rollout shows pharmacies and NACDS in action
- CVS Caremark study: More education needed on genetic testing in prescribing antiplatelet drugs
- Former Sears Canada, Loblaws exec to take helm at Sephora Americas
BURLINGTON, Vt. — Ben & Jerry's and Broadway Video Enterprises have developed a limited-edition flavor that salutes the talents of sketch comedy series "Saturday Night Live."
The flavor, named "Schweddy Balls," is a tribute to the popular "Delicious Dish" sketch, which starred Ana Gasteyer and Molly Shannon as hosts of a parody National Public Radio program, along with Alec Baldwin as Pete Schweddy, the fictional owner of Season’s Eatings Bakery.
The latest Ben & Jerry's concoction features Fair Trade vanilla ice cream with a hint of rum, as well as fudge-covered rum balls and milk chocolate malt balls. The flavor is available nationwide.
“We’re huge ‘Saturday Night Live’ fans here at Ben & Jerry’s and admire the writers, the crew and the players for their unparalleled ability to bring levity and laughter to America for decades,” Ben & Jerry's CEO Jostein Solheim said. “No other show has made such an impact on our culture, poking fun at our accomplishments, our failures, and our history: the good, the bad and the ugly. Since 1975, ‘Saturday Night Live’ has allowed us to laugh at ourselves and for that we say thanks.”