- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- President Obama addresses health reform during State of the Union, industry responds
- CVS' Merlo: Health reform to benefit business in 2014
- McKesson takes majority stake in German drug distributor Celesio
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
COVENTRY, England — A U.K.-based community pharmacy chain has appointed Tony Page as its managing director, effective next week.
Lloydspharmacy, which operates 1,650 community pharmacies across the United Kingdom, said Page is a seasoned retail executive with more than 23 years of experience.
"I'm really excited about joining Lloydspharmacy," Page said. "We're entering a new healthcare landscape, and there are significant opportunities for a business like Lloydspharmacy, which places the needs of all its customers at its heart. I look forward to leading the business as we embark on the next phase of our growth,"
As a community pharmacy chain, Lloydspharmacy fills more than 51 million prescription items annually and has about 17,000 employees. The chain offers a range of products aimed at improving community health, including affordable blood-pressure monitors and allergy relievers.
Also offered is a suite of convenient professional health check services, including free blood-pressure and diabetes testing, as well as cholesterol test and heart check services in the comfort of a private consultation room. Lloydspharmacy also offers an online pharmacy and an online doctor on its website.