- Supervalu now features Stayhealthy HealthCENTER Kiosks
- Supervalu commits to fixing retail banners, reports positive IDs for Save-A-Lot
- Albertson's LLC opens pharmacy inside California hospital
- Two Supervalu board members, both with Cerberus, resign in wake of Safeway/Albertsons deal
- Supervalu launches fleet of natural gas-powered trucks out of Virginia
ORANGE COUNTY, Calif. MemorialCare Health System has announced that it will open three new retail-based health clinics here at Albertsons/Sav-On stores in July.
The clinics, called MemorialCare HealthExpress, will be located in Huntington Beach, Irvine and Mission Viejo. They will be staffed by nurse practitioners and will be led by MemorialCare-affiliated physicians. The clinics will provide care for basic medical conditions, common illnesses and routine vaccinations.
"Our new health clinics are designed to extend MemorialCare's continuum of care and give us the opportunity to make health care easier for busy individuals and families," stated Barry Arbuckle, president and CEO of MemorialCare Health System. "Together, our affiliated physicians and nationally recognized hospitals care for all conditions."
Added Sue Klug, president of Albertsons Southern California division, "At Albertsons, we know that our customers' busy lives don't slow down even when someone in the family is suffering from a cold or minor ailment. So integrating the MemorialCare HealthExpress clinics into our stores makes perfect sense in today's fast-paced world."