- The Little Clinic adds new insurance provider to accepted plans
- Rite Aid takes a bite out of obesity; relaunches weight-loss program for New Year
- Retail pharmacy emerging as healthcare necessity
- Drug stores' success relies on customer service
- 'Communicator' award (once again) emphasizes pharmacy's role in health care
ORLANDO, Fla. Lois Adams of Freedom Pharmacy and Wellness Center was named national Pharmacist of the Year as part of the Good Neighbor Pharmacy Recognition Awards, the Orlando Business Journal reported Tuesday.
According to the report, Adams was the first woman in Florida to win the Wyeth-Bowl of Hygeia Award in 2006. In addition, she was awarded an Innovative Pharmacy Practice Award in 2004 and was named Businesswoman of the Year by the National Republican Congressional Committee in 2003.