- The Little Clinic adds new insurance provider to accepted plans
- Kroger names in-house veteran group VP non-perishables
- Conversocial tallies consumer complaint social media scorecard for U.S. retailers
- Kroger gearing up to keep Express Scripts patients; reports 35th consecutive quarter of positive ID sales
- New website born for Kroger baby products line
CINCINNATI — Kroger announced that Tim Brown now will be responsible for stores in western Tennessee, Kentucky, Mississippi, Arkansas and Missouri as president of the company's Delta division.
Brown, 52, has been VP operations in the company's Delta division, based in Roanoke, Va., since 2011; before that, he served as the Mid-Atlantic division's VP merchandising since 2009.
"Tim brings extensive industry experience, passion for our customers and associates, and a track record of strong business results to this position," Kroger president and COO Rodney McMullen said. "Tim is an exceptional leader. We are pleased he has agreed to lead our Delta division."
Brown began his Kroger career at the age of 17, working as a bagger at a store in Illinois. He joined the company's management training program in 1981. Throughout his 34-year career, he has served in leadership positions in merchandising and operations in seven of Kroger's retail divisions and at the company's general office in Cincinnati. He served as VP merchandising in the Columbus, Atlanta and Mid-Atlantic divisions before being named VP retail operations for the Mid-Atlantic division. He has served on the boards of the Georgia Food Industry Association, the Georgia Chamber of Commerce, and the Feeding America Southwest Virginia Food Bank.