- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- Rite Aid posts $71.5 million profit in third quarter 2014
- Rite Aid introduces interactive higi health stations across the chain
- Category management veteran Mike Cirilli joins L&R Distributors
- Rite Aid posts 1.8% increase in January comp sales despite tough flu comparisons
CAMP HILL, Pa. — Tony Montini returned to Rite Aid just in time to help leverage what is becoming a very powerful Wellness+ loyalty card program that has cracked the code for the chain in terms of tying the front-end to the back bench by way of the patient.
And while Montini returns to the retail ranks as SVP category management, he is well-prepared to make Wellness+ work gangbusters with the supplier community. His background is in corporate marketing with advertising agency Marc USA, where he was EVP and COO.
Wellness+ launched nationally two months into Montini’s tenure. The scorecard thus far: 29 million members, 70% utilization across a front-end that realized a 1.3% comparable sales lift in November and 64% utilization across prescriptions filled (excluding New York and New Jersey).
And all of that within the first eight months of the program. Bottom line: Wellness+ retains and attracts good customers, both on the front end and across the pharmacy.