- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- GSK, Walgreens launch Sponsorship to Quit, a free online quit-smoking program
- Walgreens' corporate operations VP tapped to lead health care for Boots in U.K. and Ireland
- Walgreens divests majority interest in Take Care Employer Solutions
NEW YORK — L&R Distributors on Tuesday closed on the deal to acquire the assets of SAJ Distributors, along with the private-label line Select Brand from Walgreens.
L&R will operate the existing SAJ Distribution Center and offices located in Pine Bluff, Ark., under the SAJ name and retaining the necessary SAJ staff members in customer service, accounting, purchasing and operations, the company announced. L&R will maintain the existing SAJ sales staff, delivery methods and inventory mix.
The L&R acquisition of SAJ will provide an additional 1,000 points of independent grocery distribution into L&R's existing client base, the wholesaler reported.