- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- On the heels of Q3, Walgreens outlines shift in front-end strategy and pharmacy tailwinds looking forward
- CNNMoney sits down with Walgreens chief to discuss future of health care and what it means for pharmacy
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- Walgreens' corporate operations VP tapped to lead health care for Boots in U.K. and Ireland
NEW YORK — L&R Distributors on Tuesday closed on the deal to acquire the assets of SAJ Distributors, along with the private-label line Select Brand from Walgreens.
L&R will operate the existing SAJ Distribution Center and offices located in Pine Bluff, Ark., under the SAJ name and retaining the necessary SAJ staff members in customer service, accounting, purchasing and operations, the company announced. L&R will maintain the existing SAJ sales staff, delivery methods and inventory mix.
The L&R acquisition of SAJ will provide an additional 1,000 points of independent grocery distribution into L&R's existing client base, the wholesaler reported.