- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- 21 health industry groups address FDA on proposed changes to generic drug label rules
- Reports: ESI may start 'price war' over new hepatitis C drugs
- USPLabs agrees to recall and destroy dietary supplement following FDA actions
BALTIMORE, Md. Lupin Pharmaceuticals received regulatory approval last week for its generic antihypertensive agents, the drug maker said.
Lupin was granted final approval for hydrochlorothiazide-losartan potassium and losartan potassium, the generic versions of Merck's Hyzaar and Cozaar.
Hyzaar and Cozaar had combined annual sales of approximately $1.6 billion in the United States, based on IMS sales data for the 12 months ended in June.