- Consumables/General Merchandise Hot Products
- The 10 products you may have missed at Natural Products Expo East
- Energizer Holdings to acquire feminine hygiene business from J&J Family of Consumer Cos.
- Retailers stand to benefit from Made-in-America wave
- Novartis outsources production to bring back top-selling OTC brands to market
TOPEKA, Kan. — Mars Chocolate North America this week unveiled plans to build a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in the Midwest, part of the company's commitment to invest in U.S. manufacturing.
The facility, which will be located in Topeka, Kan., is the first site the company has built in 35 years and will help Mars Chocolate meet the growing demand for its candy products.
“We are excited to announce our plan to construct this new manufacturing site in Topeka,” Mars Chocolate VP supply Mike Wittman said. “The site will be a reflection of our commitment to manufacture our products in the markets where we sell them. Mars looks forward to becoming an important part of the Topeka community.”
Phase one of the new site is planned to be complete in 2013, Mars Chocolate said.