- Cosmoprof North America 2013 proved to be record year
- Pharmagen launches Warfarin-friendly multivitamin
- Reckitt Benckiser names new president for its North America territories
- Mars spreads holiday cheer with new chocolate treats
- GfK: Brands considered 'best friends' boast 3x more positive word of mouth and 2.5x the recommendations
HACKETTSTOWN, N.J. — Mars Chocolate North America announced that it is commemorating the final mission of Space Shuttle Atlantis by providing the crew — as well as NASA personnel at both launch control at Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral and mission control at Johnson Space Center in Houston — with personalized versions of its M&M’S brand candy.
M&M’S have been a part of every space shuttle mission since Columbia first launched on April 12, 1981, Mars Chocolate North America reported. M&M’S are included in NASA’s space food system, as well as featured on the International Space Station menu.
“We’ve been honored to fly on more than 130 missions with hundreds of American heroes over the last three decades,” said Debra Sandler, chief consumer officer for Mars Chocolate North America. “It’s bittersweet to see this program, which has inspired millions to reach for the stars, come to an end, but we wish the crew of Atlantis a safe and successful mission.”