- License to sell beer: Martin's new Marketplace Café allows store to navigate state's archaic liquor laws
- Giant-Carlisle introduces healthy-food checkout lanes
- Ahold appoints Jan van Dam as EVP supply chain and e-commerce
- Ahold USA appoints SVP pharmacy, health and beauty care
- Giant-Carlisle sponsors drug take-back events
SOUTH BEND, Ind. — Martin’s Super Markets has promoted Tim Killelea to VP operations, the chain said.
Martin’s, founded in 1947, operates 21 stores in northern Indiana and Michigan, but is a separate company from Martin’s Food Markets, which is part of Royal Ahold’s Pennsylvania-based Giant-Carlisle chain.
The company said Killelea, who began as a store manager in Mishawaka, Ind., in 1969, would have primary responsibility for overseeing all aspects of store operations for the retailer.
“Tom’s dedication and commitment to Martin’s have played significant roles in our continued growth,” Martin’s president and CEO Rob Bartels said. “In his new position, Tom will have the ability to expand his vision to include not only our current stores, but also have a hand in helping shape the future of the company.”