- Sneakz shake gets national launch
- Study: 2,000 IUs of vitamin E daily effective in slowing functional decline in AD patients
- Giant-Carlisle marks 90th anniversary
- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- Ahold USA hires former Save-A-Lot executive to be president of Giant/Martin's
CARLISLE, Pa. — A Maryland Martin's Food Markets store has hired a professional nutritionist to assist customers with questions on healthy eating, provide consultations and teach classes.
Martin's, part of Giant Food Stores of Carlisle, Pa., itself owned by Ahold USA, said it hired Elisabeth D'Alto for its Eldersburg, Md., store. D'Alto is the owner of D'Alto Nutrition, a nutrition communications and consulting company and previously served as a clinical dietitian with Genesis Healthcare in Baltimore, as well as newsletter editor for the Dietitians in Business and Communications.
"Martin's is committed to providing customers with the information they need to achieve healthier lifestyles, and having an in-store nutritionist like Elisabeth is a valuable resource in helping customers make better choices as they navigate the grocery aisles," Martin's director of marketing and external communications John MacDonald said.