- Rite Aid finishes tough fiscal year, but Q4 shows improvements
- Rite Aid posts $118.1 million profit for fiscal year 2013
- Report: Amazon tests public delivery lockers in Seattle, New York retailers
- NACDS honors Tom Ryan, Mary Sammons with lifetime achievement awards
- Rite Aid opens 'next generation' Wellness store, reports September sales
AVON, Conn. — Rite Aid chairman Mary Sammons has been appointed to Magellan Health Services’ board of directors, Magellan said.
The addition of Sammons increases the number of members on Magellan’s board to nine. Sammons began at Rite Aid as president and COO in 1999, becoming CEO in 2003 and chairman in 2007. The current president and CEO is John Standley.
“Mary Sammons is an experienced business leader with significant knowledge of the healthcare industry, and we are pleased that she is joining our board,” Magellan chairman and CEO Rene Lerer said. “The healthcare marketplace is continuing to evolve, and Magellan is positioned to leverage our significant clinical and operational expertise to continue to grow. Mary’s background in successfully leading major companies through transformation will be invaluable as we look to the challenges and opportunities of the future.”