- Consumer trust intact as McNeil brands like Tylenol return back to shelf
- FDA recommends health professionals prescribe no more than 325 mg of acetaminophen per dose
- J&J's return to market of several iconic OTC brands a success
- McNeil promotes OTC safety with new website
- FDA advisory panel to consider OTC status of NSAIDs
WAYNE, Pa. The Emerson Group on Thursday announced the addition of Matthew Poli to the company, effective Sept. 20. Poli’s responsibilities will include client business development, brand management and marketing. He will work out of Emerson’s Wayne, Pa., office and will report to Rick Wellinger, Emerson president.
Poli comes to Emerson with more than 16 years of experience in marketing, sales management, trade marketing and account development — all within Johnson & Johnson’s McNeil Consumer Healthcare unit. Most recently, Poli servied as senior brand manager of children’s Tylenol and children’s Motrin. In this P&L role, Poli was responsible for growing brand equity and market share, consumer communications and innovation pipeline development, Emerson noted.
In previous marketing roles, Poli developed the strategy extending Tylenol into the external pain-relief market, ultimately leading to the launch of Precise external pain relievers. Poli also launched Tylenol PM rapid-release gels in 2008.
“We are very excited about Matthew's role in helping us achieve our goals we have established with our business partners,” Welllinger stated. “Please join me in welcoming Matthew, his wife Beth Ann and daughter Chelsea to The Emerson Group.”