- Rayovac to showcase new portable chargers
- Healtheway forms industry coalition to standardize health information exchange
- CEA forecasts personal health-and-wellness product market will reach $8 billion in sales by 2018
- Study: 1-in-5 store customers are 'connected'
- Logitech launches iPad Air accessories line
BEAVERTON, Ore. — Continua Health Alliance has appointed a new president and chairman to its board of directors.
The nonprofit said that Clint McClellan, senior director of market development at Qualcomm, will take on his new role this week. McClellan has represented Qualcomm on the board since 2009.
"We are excited to welcome Clint as board president as we continue our focus on creating and implementing solutions that lower healthcare costs and improve outcomes, as well as look at new use cases in both the traditional and mobile health spaces," said Chuck Parker, Continua Health Alliance executive director. "Qualcomm has tremendous expertise in the mobile personal connected health technology industry, and Clint has been a vital part of the Continua board."
In related news, Michael McGarry of Ascension Health was named as Continua Health Alliance's board secretary.