- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- Mylan launches generic version of Detrol LA
- Lipitor may be the first statin to switch to OTC
- Teva launches authorized generic version of Pfizer's Detrol LA
- Pfizer teams up with actor Josh Duhamel for the Advil Relief in Action campaign
FORT WASHINGTON, Pa. — McNeil Consumer Healthcare on Thursday voluntarily recalled all lots of Rolaids Extra Strength Softchews, Rolaids Extra Strength Plus Gas Softchews and Rolaids Multisymptom Plus Antigas Softchews distributed in the United States. McNeil is taking this action following some consumer reports of foreign materials in the product, including metal and wood particles.
The company's investigation has determined that the materials potentially were introduced into the product during the manufacturing process at a third-party manufacturer. While the risk of serious adverse health consequences is remote, McNeil Consumer Healthcare advised consumers who have purchased these recalled products to discontinue use.
“While our investigation is ongoing, we have suspended production [of these products] and will not restart production until corrective actions have been implemented,” the company stated.