- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Reports: Polar vortex drives blizzard of sales for some retailers
- Meijer offers free flu, strep tests and dispenses drugs at some Mich. stores as part of NACDS Foundation-supported study
- Meijer launches complimentary Wi-Fi service in its stores
- Diplomat's Jennifer Hagerman named president-elect of Michigan Pharmacists Association for 2014
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — Meijer has appointed J.K. Symancyk as president of the company, the mass merchandise retailer said Tuesday.
Meijer said Symancyk's new role came one year after he assumed the role of COO, while Mark Murray has been appointed to the new position of co-CEO, serving with current CEO Hank Meijer. Symancyk's new position will officially begin Feb. 3.
"I am pleased to introduce J.K. as our next company president," Meijer, who also is co-chairman, said. "J.K. has been a key member of our leadership team, including most recently as our chief operating officer, and he has played an important role in the growth and success of Meijer since joining us in 2006."
Symancyk originally began working for Meijer in 2006 as VP perishables, becoming EVP merchandising and marketing in 2007 and COO in 2012.
"Having worked with J.K. in his different roles here at Meijer, we are very confident he is the right leader to help continue our path of growth and expansion," Meijer said. "We are also delighted that Mark Murray will remain a valuable partner in the continued growth of Meijer. Mark and his team have done a tremendous job and have positioned Meijer well for the future."