- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- President Obama addresses health reform during State of the Union, industry responds
- CVS' Merlo: Health reform to benefit business in 2014
- Reports: Polar vortex drives blizzard of sales for some retailers
- United Cerebral Palsy names Meijer 'Employer of the Year'
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. – Two new wooden toys that won a contest sponsored by Midwestern mass merchandiser Meijer will be featured exclusively on the retailer's website, the company said Thursday.
Meijer announced the winners of the Meijer Next Great Toymaker contest: Franklin, N.C.-based Circa Toys' Wagon of Blocks and Goshen, Ind.-based Peters' Group's Stick & Stack Cozy Cabin. The Wagon of Blocks, which sells for $69.99, is designed for children ages 1 to 3 years, while the Cozy Cabin, at $44.99, is for children ages 4 to 8 years.
"Meijer is excited to announce these exclusive additions to our huge online selection of nearly 8,000 toys," Meijer VP e-commerce Liwanag Ojala said. "We believe the U.S. heritage of these toys, along with their classic style and quality craftsmanship, will be a winning combination for our Meijer.com shoppers this holiday season."
The contest was open to small toy companies and entrepreneurs in the United States with 50 or fewer employees. Winners were chosen by a panel of Meijer judges and scored on uniqueness, educational relevance, creativity and quality. Toys will be available for at least six months on Meijer's website starting on Thursday.