- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- CVS Caremark's Merlo attends reception to accept March of Dimes Citizen of the Year award
- CVS Caremark aims to help customers as survey spotlights ACA knowledge gap
- Target to expand omnichannel offerings in Q3 as new mobile app sees strong growth
- Kroger will name Michael Ellis president, COO in January
TROY, Mich. — Five regional retailers — including mass-merchandisers Meijer and Fred Meyer — are selling a mobile point-of-sale credit card processing system compatible with most smartphones and tablets in their stores.
PayAnywhere consists of an app and small credit card reader that hooks on to an Apple iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Android or BlackBerry device and allows for payment on the spot. In addition to Meijer and Fred Meyer, Walmart and other retailers such as Brandsmart, Hastings Entertainment, MicroCenter, OfficeMax, Home Depot and Pep Boys sell the system as well. PayAnywhere is aimed at small businesses that want to be able to accept credit cards.
"Many business owners and professional contractors prefer to 'shop locally' when they can to support their regional retailers," PayAnywhere VP sales Scott Addyman said. "The ability to purchase the PayAnywhere reader from these retailers is important to them."