- Reports: Polar vortex drives blizzard of sales for some retailers
- The 10 products you may have missed at Natural Products Expo East
- Meijer offers free flu, strep tests and dispenses drugs at some Mich. stores as part of NACDS Foundation-supported study
- Meijer raises $1.2 million through Simply Give campaign
- Meijer launches complimentary Wi-Fi service in its stores
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — Meijer announced that its most recent food pantry donation program has exceeded $2 million in total food donations.
According to the retailer, its latest Simply Give program, which ran from March 20 through May 14, garnered more than $270,000 in donations for 195 local food pantries. Overall, the program, which debuted in November 2008 and aims to replenish the shelves of local food pantries in each city and town where a Meijer store is located, has helped to feed more than 250,000 families throughout the Midwest.
"We appreciate the support and commitment of our generous customers as we reach out to those in our local communities who need help in the fight against hunger," Meijer EVP operations Janet Emerson said. "We are extremely proud to have surpassed the $2 million donation mark and, with the support of our customers, plan to continue to help ease the burden of local food pantries."