- Beech-Nut launches baby food line with Green Giant
- Booyah! Buy! Buy! Buy! Jim Cramer gets bullish on WAG
- Goya Foods, Beech-Nut Nutrition to make baby food for Hispanic families
- Beech-Nut and Disney's toddler line features Winnie the Pooh characters
- Nickelodeon's Jennette McCurdy to promote H-E-B back-to-school campaign
TOWN OF AMSTERDAM, N.Y. — Infant nutrition brand Beech-Nut has teamed up with actress and executive producer Melissa Joan Hart to encourage consumers to help fight childhood hunger.
Through Beech-Nut's "A Jar for a Jar" program, in which consumers can share virtual jars of baby food through Beech-Nut's Facebook page, the company will match every virtual jar shared, up to 1 million jars, in a donation to hunger relief agency Feed the Children.
To kick off the campaign, Hart will debut A Jar for a Jar in New York at a special food distribution event sponsored by Beech-Nut and Feed The Children. At the event, more than 400 local families will receive a week's worth of meals and personal care items.
"Beech-Nut cares about real issues that moms care about," Hart said. "They make wholesome, natural products that moms can trust and they support causes that help children in need. As a mom, that's what I care about. That's why I got involved in this campaign."