- Facing pharmacy trends for the remainder of the year
- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
- White House assistant Kristina Schake joining L'Oréal USA as chief communications officer
- Former White House adviser Nancy-Ann DeParle elected to CVS Caremark's board
- NACDS issues statement on White House health reform meeting
WHITEHOUSE STATION, N.J. — Merck has cleared a hurdle in its effort to buy eye care company Inspire Pharmaceuticals for $430 million, the company said Thursday.
The expiration of the waiting period mandated by the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976 brings Merck one step closer to acquiring Inspire.
Merck announced its intention to buy Raleigh, N.C.-based Inspire for $5 per share on April 15.