- Walgreens puts its money where its mouth is with World AIDS Day campaign
- Walgreens allies with HHS to launch free flu shot outreach to disadvantaged
- Walgreens launches high-impact push in support of World AIDS Day campaign
- MMR vaccine, autism link was fabricated, medical journal says
- FDA approves Merck's Gardasil for prevention of anal cancer
BARRINGTON, Ill. Merix Pharmaceutical unveiled its new Fast-Results! genital herpes treatment this month while attending the ECRM Cough, Cold and Allergy conference in Dallas.
The only OTC treatment for genital herpes, Fast-Results! answers an unmet need of people who suffer painful symptoms associated with genital herpes outbreaks. Designed to be used in conjunction with prescription medication, Fast-Results! also brings needed treatment to consumers who cannot afford prescription medication.
Fast-Results! genital herpes treatment is comprised of Merix’ patented technology Viracea, which contains an approved ingredient under the FDA OTC antiseptic/antimicrobial monograph, the company stated. At clinical trial, Viracea was shown to be effective in lesions caused by herpes.
According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 16% of Americans currently suffer from genital herpes, which equates to approximately 37 million adults.
“We believe there is a very strong market need for this product,” stated Merix CEO Meryl Squires. Several major retailers have already committed to carrying Fast-Results! genital herpes treatment, Squires said. CVS will begin stocking in mid-May, soon thereafter followed by Rite Aid.