- Dr. Smith's Diaper Rash Ointment
- Study: Cough-cold manufacturers' voluntary label change on pediatric products reduced ER admissions
- Study: 2,000 IUs of vitamin E daily effective in slowing functional decline in AD patients
- PhRMA report lists 271 vaccines in development
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
GREENSBORO, N.C. — A new strength of a drug for athlete's foot made by Merz Pharma Group has become available, the company said Thursday.
Merz, the U.S. affiliate of Germany-based Merz Pharma Group, announced the nationwide availability of Naftin (naftifine hydrochloride) gel in the 2% strength, a topical treatment for the foot fungus infection known medically as tinea pedis. The company called the new drug an improvement on the original 1% Naftin.
"We are pleased to be able to provide physicians and their patients with a new option for the safe and effective treatment of interdigital-type tinea pedis," Merz VP and head of U.S. dermatology Greg Besase said. "Merz remains committed to advancing the quality of care in the medical dermatology space, and we believe the launch of Naftin Gel 2% is evidence of our ongoing leadership in the topical antifungal category."