- IRI Pacesetter report shows strength in beauty, consumables
- H-E-B launches shelf labeling system and health newsletters to help Texans make healthier food choices
- Survey: Food shoppers look for value amid rising prices, shrinking package sizes
- Walmart, Walgreens, Supervalu join First Lady to combat food deserts
- Foods in prominent supermarket locations feed unhealthy choices, researchers say
NEW YORK — In celebration of Mother's Day, Met-Rx on Thursday announced that its championship bodybuilding athletes will team up with moms in the Met-Rx Cares program's first charitable food distribution event to benefit needy families from the central Jamaica area of Queens here.
The kick-off event will provide approximately 400 families with 1,000-gram bags of bite-size pieces of high-protein Met-Rx Big 100 Bars.
The New York event is the first in what will be a sustained nationwide effort to provide food donations to families in need as part of the Met-Rx Cares program.