- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Diplomat Pharmacy recognized by Michigan governor during State of the State address
- Diplomat partners on concert series to benefit employees, community
- President Obama addresses health reform during State of the Union, industry responds
FLINT, Mich. — A rapidly growing specialty pharmacy has been named a "bright spot" in Michigan's economy by a statewide business magazine.
Diplomat Specialty Pharmacy said Corp! magazine had named it among 40 other businesses based in the state at the Corp! 2013 Michigan Economic Bright Spot awards ceremony.
Diplomat, based in the city of Flint, has seen a 50% increase in sales since 2011 and was cited in Inc. magazine last year as one of the country's top job creators. The company currently has about 850 employees, compared with 400 in April 2010, when it moved into the former General Motors Great Lakes Techology Centre complex. Diplomat said it was on track to meet a goal announced at the time to add more than 1,000 new life science jobs over the next five years.