- Kathleen Sebelius cites pharmacists' importance as Rite Aid CEO introduces Obamacare resource program
- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- Jean Coutu Group profits soar in Q2
- Rite Aid posts $71.5 million profit in third quarter 2014
- Rite Aid appoints pharmacy division executive as group VP managed care
NEW YORK — Rite Aid board member Michel Coutu has resigned, effective Wednesday, according to a Securities and Exchange Commission filing.
Coutu's notification follows an announcement by The Jean Coutu Group Tuesday that it had sold 72.5 million Rite Aid shares, reducing its stake in the company to 11.7%.
In addition, board member and former chairman Mary Sammons notified the company Wednesday that she wouldn't seek reelection as a director at its annual shareholder meeting.