- More than a dozen health information exchanges, service providers join Surescripts
- Quantum Health hires former MillerCoors VP sales as CEO
- Pharmaca weathers record Colorado flooding
- New flavors, creations push beer toward high-end
- Harris Teeter and MillerCoors donate holiday meals to 400 military families served by Operation Homefront
DENVER — The joint venture of SABMiller and Molson Coors has appointed a new CEO.
MillerCoors on Wednesday said that it is promoting its current chief commercial officer, Tom Long, to CEO, following the retirement of current CEO Leo Kiely, who will leave his post June 1.
Long and Kiely have shared duties in the office of the president and CEO since September 2010 in preparation for this move. The succession plan is consistent with plans made in late 2007 when Molson Coors and SABMiller originally struck the deal to form MillerCoors with the goal of creating a stronger, more competitive U.S. brewer.
Long joined the Miller Brewing in 2005 and served as its CEO and chief marketing officer. Before that, he worked for 17 years at Coca-Cola in various leadership positions.