- House introduces bill to place age restriction on DXM purchase
- Study: Cough-cold manufacturers' voluntary label change on pediatric products reduced ER admissions
- Report: DXM abuse down among high school seniors
- Pfizer launches Robitussin Maximum Strength Cough + Congestion DM
- FDA publishes interim final rule regarding infant formula
As reported in March, the safety and efficacy debate sparked by the spate of recent recalls across kids’ cough-cold offerings has created a purchase paradigm where moms are reaching for any safer-yet-still-works products that they can get their hands on. And many times that means a homeopathic option.
Hyland’s in August introduced an entire line of products that fall under a new Hyland’s Baby brand that appeals directly to those concerned moms. All told, eight products fall under that new branding, including the company’s recently relaunched Hyland’s Baby Teething Tablets and the new Hyland’s Baby Cough Syrup.